If crowded cables are a significant stopping point for you and you’re considering no cables shortly with just about everything wireless, you’re almost in the right era. From keyboards to headphones, almost everything is now wireless.
It still needs to be connected to your computer with an HDMI or other connection cable to get the necessary visual input. So you must be wondering how to make a monitor wireless. Is this possible? What are the requirements for it? Well, we are here to answer all these questions.
Making a wireless monitor, is it possible?
Well, to answer it in one word, yes. It’s possible to make the display wireless now, thanks to the ever-evolving technology. Many giants of the tech industry are embracing the vision of having a wireless and clutter-free future, and we can hope to see a completely wireless world very soon due to the rapid progress.
Are wireless displays available?
If you haven’t done this before, you should be surprised to know that wireless displays already exist. But unfortunately, there are not many of them. Instead, there are a few options to choose from, and the flagship monitor is Dell’s wireless league.
In our blog, we have also provided a list of the best wireless computer monitors. You can check out in-depth reviews of these monitors and pick any product according to your requirements.
CAUTION: These monitors we mentioned are not entirely wireless. They still need a power cable to get them plugged in. You will only need HDMI to connect it.
Requirements to make a monitor wireless
Yes, you can turn your standard wired computer screen home into a wireless one. Some of the requirements for that are as follows:
- Your monitor must have at least one HDMI input adapter.
- You will need to purchase a wireless HDMI adapter and specific receiver system, which we will discuss later.
Steps on how to make the monitor wireless
- As we mentioned earlier, you will need to buy a wireless HDMI adapter and server system. The best way to make your screen wireless is by using Google Chromecast. In this case, the HDMI server is in your mobile device or computer where Chromecast is already installed. Next, you need to connect your Google Chromecast device to the HDMI input jack on your TV or monitor.
- After connecting it, you need to set it up on the same Wi-Fi network your computer is linked to.
- Under the display options on windows, you will notice the option “Send” to display the desktop screen. This is the simplest and easiest way to make any monitor wireless.
- All other devices that convert wired monitors to wireless, such as the Microsoft P3Q-00001 Wireless Display Adapter, work similarly.
I hope you enjoy our method of creating a wireless display; creating a wireless collection is not an easy task. However, if you accompany the above-described procedures, they will undoubtedly help you convert your wired monitor to wireless.