Welcome to our quick guide on how to get Discord to open on second monitor. Discord is a well-known chat application with numerous features that can be useful for gaming. This guide will show you how to set up Discord on 2 different monitors so that you can chat and game on separate screens without having to switch back and forth between windows.
First, we’ll talk about the required software and setup steps. Then we’ll demonstrate how to set up Discord on 2 different monitors. Finally, we’ll give you some tips on using Discord and the best ways to maximize its potential. Read on if you’re prepared to begin gaming in vogue.
First, you’ll need the official Discord software. The App Store, Google Play Store, and their website all offer download options for it.
- Once installed, open it up and click on the “Sign In” button at the top right corner of the main screen.
- Click “Sign In” after entering your username and password (if you have them saved).
- After signing in, you’ll see the main screen of Discord with several tabs across the top: Main Channel, Server List, Emoji Channels, Settings, and Help.
We’re going to focus on one particular tab: Channels. Clicking on channels will take you to a list of all your current channels. There are many different types of channels available in Discord: Gaming Clubs, voice chat rooms for gamers of all levels of experience, and public servers.
How to run discord on second monitor?
The quickest way to get Discord running on a second monitor is to open the app and click on the “add new remote” button. You can then enter the hostname or IP address of your second monitor, and Discord will automatically connect.
If you have other programs running on your secondary monitor, you’ll need to close those down before starting Discord. Once it’s up and running, you can use the “split” button to set Discord up so that it runs on both monitors simultaneously.
5 steps to get discord on second monitor
You can get discord on the second monitor by following these instructions:
- Use Discord’s Dual Monitor available in the App Store and Google Play store.
- Install the official Discord app on your primary monitor and second monitor.
- Connect your primary monitor to your computer and open discord.
- In the main window, click on the three lines in the top left corner of the window and select “Add Second Monitor.”
- Select your second monitor from the list of connected monitors and add it to discord.
Besides this, we will show you some effective methods to help you to run discord on the second display.
Method 1: Create a Dual Display
You can run discord on a second monitor by building a dual display system. To accomplish so, take these actions.
- Log in to your primary computer and launch Discord.
- Select the “New Server” button found on the upper left side of the main window.
- Enter a name for your new server, and select a location (if you don’t have one already created).
- Click the “Create Server” button to create it.
- In the “Server Details” window, click the “Configure” button next to “Second Monitor.”
- Select which monitor should be used as the secondary display for your server (by default, it will be selected as Primary Monitor), and click OK.
- In the main window, click the server’s name in the list of servers to open it in a new tab or window. The new tab or window will run on your secondary monitor, and any text and images that were on your primary monitor will now appear in that window as well!
Method 2: Moving and Saving Discord on the Second Monitor
This method will work if you have Discord open on your primary monitor and also want to be able to open it on another monitor. Follow these steps:
- Ensure that your computer is turned on and linked to the second monitor.
- In Discord’s main window, In the top left corner, click the three horizontal lines. After that, the Options menu will appear.
- Select “Settings” in the Options menu.
- Under “Display”, make sure that “Show on secondary monitor” is selected.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the Settings menu.
- In Discord, click the three lines in the top left corner of the main window again to open a mini chat window on your second monitor.
Method 3: 3rd-Party Software
There are a few ways to get Discord to open on a second monitor. The simplest method is to use third-party software like Dual Monitors Manager. Dual Monitors Manager will allow you to connect two monitors to your computer and use Discord on the second monitor.
Another way is to use Vardi’s Discord 2nd Monitor Extension. This extension will allow you to open Discord on a secondary monitor by clicking the icon on the top right corner of the main Discord window.
Why should you use Discord in full-screen mode?
Discord is a well-known chat application with a vast user base. We can use it for gaming, communication, and more. Discord’s full-screen mode allows it to run on a secondary monitor without any issues.
- Open in full-screen mode on your second monitor.
- Activate Discord and log in.
- Next, choose Settings by clicking the settings symbol in the upper right corner of the program. Under General, find the Fullscreen option and change it to Yes.
- Finally, restart Discord if it was closed before.
If you want to be able to open Discord on your second monitor, there are a few things that you need to do. Make sure your operating system is updated. Then, set the second monitor to be the primary display. Finally, open Discord and sign in on the second monitor. If everything has gone according to plan, Discord should now be opening on the secondary screen!